OP
OP
reewik

reewik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unable to access my APEX ... what the heck man.... I will test everything as soon as I get home.I am sure it is better I am not there just wondering what the heck to do... LOL

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive seen the clam in question and as i recall it kinda looked like that at Adrians anyway didnt have much of a mantle sticking out to the sides and the hole was big enough to fit fish in .. but i hope everything is ok. params would help as lindsey said check your ammonia nitrites nitrates ph and all the rest but especially check for those.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he pulls through for you. I have personally not had much luck with a clam once it starts going downhill but I'm no clam expert.

Oh, and if he does die you probably want to get him out of there pretty quick. I have had small ones die and it seems like they decompose very rapidly. A clam that big dying could cause even more water quality problems.

Last edited:

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, it'll be fine. I bought some several years ago with the crazy idea that they'd sell at a Chattanooga swap. They spawned all day. They were in their own tank at the swap. I think the trip to Chatt stressed them out. I still have three of them in the display, so they were none worse for the wear.

OP
OP
reewik

reewik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am sad to report the loss of a fantastic clam... RIP buddy!!! I had to take it out of the main display because the fish were all over it. I have it in a 5 gallon bucket of salt water with a powerhead on it... I am sure by morning it will have completed it's life cycle. I am very upset with myself for not acclimating the clam more that an hour. My specs are not off kilter and the rest of the tank is looking better... I do not regret the purchase of the clam however I do regret my actions since buying it!

Last edited:

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that sucks.

I feel for you bro.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back