Help! New leather dying?

3DB81993-6C6C-476A-BC76-7D04E35F315E.jpeg

Update: he’s coming back!!
Was playing possum as stated earlier
 
So I replaced the carbon and here are the results: The water cleared up. Xenia, zoas, and torch are doing very well and are growing quickly. The leathers are all closed up majority of the time. I know they very easily respond to changing conditions, but are generally hardy. I’m keeping my ekes peeled for parasites like flatworms.
 
Just a long overdue update: after months of trying, I finally got all of the leathers happy and healthy. A major issue was hitchhiker vermatids and also them just being from Petco. I think the most major improvement worth noting is the devil’s hand leather.
17D1E4CF-0D26-4506-932A-BB4457260F3F.jpeg

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips! I couldn’t have done this without your help!
Happy reefing!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new