OP
OP
A

araziza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.5 dkh. The package said that adding 1mL per gallon raises it 2.08dKh, which I assume means that .5 would be roughly 12.5mL obviously I need to pare it down to accommodate rock work and sand

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a headache never invested in a trident but I’d go with stability and stick with one means of testing different tests will unfortunately = different results. My 2 pence I’ll let Randy divulge in the technicalities

OP
OP
A

araziza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh, stability is the whole goal of this endeavour. I just figured my best shot at stability is to actually understand what’s going on.

OP
OP
A

araziza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, still confused, but I finally have things stabilized. I’ve managed to get calcium and alkalinity relatively stable for the past 2 ish weeks. However I have achieved this by dosing 46 mL of ESV B-Ionic per day. That’s nearly 2 dKh per day. How is that even possible? Still no coralline…

This is looking really expensive. I think the reason the BRS Kalk wasn’t working might just be that my full evaporation would only raise my alk by .8 or less (according to the diesys reef calculator), meaning I’d still be dropping 1.2 dKh per day. My tank has already nearly chugged the ful 32oz set of bionic, so maybe I go back to Kalk for my evap and add 36mL all for reef for the remaining 1.2 dKh…

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back