Help!! New Wrasse stressed

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyMJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You absolutely MUST have sand for this wrasse. You need to return the wrasse if you don't have sand. Crushed coral isn't going to cut it.
Ok. My yellow corris wrasse does fine with the cc that I have so i figured the melanurus would be ok too? If he has problems burrowing I could try the Tupperware method.
 
Ok. My yellow corris wrasse does fine with the cc that I have so i figured the melanurus would be ok too? If he has problems burrowing I could try the Tupperware method.

You should have sand for all Halichoeres wrasse not crushed coral. Also, Halichoeres chrysus is not a Coris wrasse. People really shouldn't call them that.
 
You should have sand for all Halichoeres wrasse not crushed coral. Also, Halichoeres chrysus is not a Coris wrasse. People really shouldn't call them that.
Ok. Didn't know that. Thanks for the information. Hes currently MIA. Last I saw he was swimming around though. I think he burrowed under.
 
Ok. Didn't know that. Thanks for the information. Hes currently MIA. Last I saw he was swimming around though. I think he burrowed under.
Their frontal area will get hurt if he has to continue diving into tougher substrate like crushed corals. You will need to come up with a plan to provide soft sand for him. Crushed corals are great for fish that borrows to build a cave, like jawfish, and crustacean like pistol shrimps but like for any reef safe wrasses.
 
Update; he died within 24 hours of purchase. Guess the stress was too much for him. Thanks all for the advice.
 
RIP
Sorry for your loss.
Sometimes things just go south for no apparent reason.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new