Help on coral placement ?

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got some new coral I want to mount onto my live rock , don’t know which I should put where any help deciding ?

IMG_0200.jpeg

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any par measurements? Euphyllia can tolerate some variety in par but have to be brought up to the higher values (200-250) very slowly. Cant reccomend anywhere without par measurements personally

OP
OP
N

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any par measurements? Euphyllia can tolerate some variety in par but have to be brought up to the higher values (200-250) very slowly. Cant reccomend anywhere without par measurements personally
I don’t have exact but this is from someone who had taken PAR on my stock fluval evo light. I mean they are all doing okay at the bottom of the tank for now I just wanted to make sure I didn’t place anything To high

Attachments

• IMG_0203.png
    IMG_0203.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 38

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got some new coral I want to mount onto my live rock , don’t know which I should put where any help deciding ?

IMG_0200.jpeg

Are you just going to keep making the same post??

OP
OP
N

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you just going to keep making the same post??

Just wanted lil help ? I don’t see how how many times I post affects you ? If you not gonna be helpful don’t comment thank you

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted lil help ? I don’t see how how many times I post affects you ? If you not gonna be helpful don’t comment thank you
Seems like you're asking the same question looking for different answers...

Maybe keep asking questions on a single thread so people can see the big picture and provide suggestions.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, keep asking questions! That means you care and want to learn. I have had the same problem happen to me but I don’t give a f!

I would keep those corals lower in the tank. If they are happy right now then leave them.

Keep on asking questions when you need it and keep up the work!

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have exact but this is from someone who had taken PAR on my stock fluval evo light. I mean they are all doing okay at the bottom of the tank for now I just wanted to make sure I didn’t place anything To high
You could always try them a bit higher on the rock, just move them up the rock slowly, let’s say move them up a bit and give a week between moving. Euphyllia can handle quite low par from around 100 all the way up to some people have them at 300. You can tell a lot by just looking at the coral, is it extending etc

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, keep asking questions! That means you care and want to learn. I have had the same problem happen to me but I don’t give a f!

I would keep those corals lower in the tank. If they are happy right now then leave them.

Completly agree, you can never ask too many questions in this hobby. So much to learn and the help is here so why not ask away

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completly agree, you can never ask too many questions in this hobby. So much to learn and the help is here so why not ask away
Y'all, my point was, why create multiple threads asking the SAME question? Wouldn't it be easier to help someone if you had all the info in one place rather than 5 people answering on one thread, another 5 answering on another, and so on?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ok to post and ask questions but try and use some of the good advice experienced reefers provide. Although each tank is unique some general guidelines seem to apply universally for the most part. Softs at the bottom. LPS low to mid tank and SPS top 3rd. Some of those euphyllia on the sand won't do well there because sand irritates them. You can put the plug on a piece of rock rubble to raise it off the sand. Your tank is still new so don't break the wallet on corals the first year because your tank will be unstable and go through a variety of phases that will make coral sustainability difficult.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all, my point was, why create multiple threads asking the SAME question? Wouldn't it be easier to help someone if you had all the info in one place rather than 5 people answering on one thread, another 5 answering on another, and so on?
He can post when and where he feels like it. The topic may be applicable to different forums so he may get more usable and diverse response options this way. If it bothers you then as he asked, don't reply and move on.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn’t matter to you what he post. Creating more posts he can get more information about this topic.

OP
OP
N

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you I appreciate people like this i appreciate it like you said just new trying to learn as much as I can and trying to get some advice

OP
OP
N

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man
He can post when and where he feels like it. The topic may be applicable to different forums so he may get more usable and diverse response options this way. If it bothers you then as he asked, don't reply and move on

OP
OP
N

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ok to post and ask questions but try and use some of the good advice experienced reefers provide. Although each tank is unique some general guidelines seem to apply universally for the most part. Softs at the bottom. LPS low to mid tank and SPS top 3rd. Some of those euphyllia on the sand won't do well there because sand irritates them. You can put the plug on a piece of rock rubble to raise it off the sand. Your tank is still new so don't break the wallet on corals the first year because your tank will be unstable and go through a variety of phases that will make coral sustainability difficult.
Thanks man for taking the time I appreciate it a lot , yeah kinda have already gotten a good amount of corals not getting anymore atm just going to do tank upgrades and slowly let them keep growing. Have a rack coming in to keep some off the rocks. Just worried abt placing too close to other corals and rock work so I’m taking little time figuring where I want to put them. Have a plan right now for a innovated 20 gal setup getting all mapped out and plan on getting ready first Christmas/ new year .

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man for taking the time I appreciate it a lot , yeah kinda have already gotten a good amount of corals not getting anymore atm just going to do tank upgrades and slowly let them keep growing. Have a rack coming in to keep some off the rocks. Just worried abt placing too close to other corals and rock work so I’m taking little time figuring where I want to put them. Have a plan right now for a innovated 20 gal setup getting all mapped out and plan on getting ready first Christmas/ new year .
Just take your time the first year because the tank will go through a variety of ups and downs before it becomes more stable and this makes coral sustainability difficult. Focus on weekly water changes, fish health, regular testing and keeping parameters in good ranges. Renting a par meter for a day is very beneficial but you can also use the photone app for a quick ballpark par reading at the water surface. You don't need huge flow but must have surface ripple for gas exchange. My powerheads only run at 26% intensity max.

OP
OP
N

newreeferr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my flow now so it had good surface ripples
Just take your time the first year because the tank will go through a variety of ups and downs before it becomes more stable and this makes coral sustainability difficult. Focus on weekly water changes, fish health, regular testing and keeping parameters in good ranges. Renting a par meter for a day is very beneficial but you can also use the photone app for a quick ballpark par reading at the water surface. You don't need huge flow but must have surface ripple for gas exchange. My powerheads only run at 26% intensity max.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn’t matter to you what he post. Creating more posts he can get more information about this topic.
Just trying to help a newcomer get the best chance for having his questions answered. But thanks for deciding what should and shouldn't matter to me...

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to help a newcomer get the best chance for having his questions answered. But thanks for deciding what should and shouldn't matter to me...
you have said the same thing to lots of people including my self. Next time don’t comment. If you have a problem them chat with them privately or don’t do anything.

I don’t want to even talk about this anymore.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back