Help on coral placement ?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have said the same thing to lots of people including my self. Next time don’t comment. If you have a problem them chat with them privately or don’t do anything.

I don’t want to even talk about this anymore.
Of course you feel this way.. it wasn't but a week or 2 ago that this same conversation was being had with you. You didn't like it, but guess what... you're improving, i don't notice threads everyday about the same dying coral anymore. Maybe there's some merit to her point.. either way, who are you to tell somebody else not to speak(post) their opinions? If you were to take your own advice, you wouldn't be posting these responses- right? So what makes your words more valuable than anybody else's? Far as I'm concerned; you haven't kept anything alive for any length of time, should keep researching and gaining experience before trying to "help" people with shortsighted advice. Right or wrong you don't have the experience to understand the long term ramifications of every(any) decision or change to a system.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are quite correct. Unfortunately some people just think they know everything about everything but in reality are just ignorant and rude so just ignore them.
Yup, i was just trying to help. I may not know a lot but just making a point.

have a good day

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course you feel this way.. it wasn't but a week or 2 ago that this same conversation was being had with you. You didn't like it, but guess what... you're improving, i don't notice threads everyday about the same dying coral anymore. Maybe there's some merit to her point.. either way, who are you to tell somebody else not to speak(post) their opinions? If you were to take your own advice, you wouldn't be posting these responses- right? So what makes your words more valuable than anybody else's? Far as I'm concerned; you haven't kept anything alive for any length of time, should keep researching and gaining experience before trying to "help" people with shortsighted advice. Right or wrong you don't have the experience to understand the long term ramifications of every(any) decision or change to a system.
Uh, she was the original one who told the OP not to post threads right?

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He can post when and where he feels like it. like others said on this thread - If it bothers you then as he asked, don't reply and move on.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm, I'll re read but I interpreted it as questioning the multiple post on same question.
Exactly, telling him not to post multiple threads about the same topic? Why is he not allowed to post in several forums to get a diverse response if he chooses? The more info you get the more you learn and can then make better informed decisions in the hobby. Now if you just ignore the advice and continue on the wrong path we'll then there is a certain sign for you as you watch your tank decline.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, telling him not to post multiple threads about the same topic? Why is he not allowed to post in several forums to get a diverse response if he chooses? The more info you get the more you learn and can then make better informed decisions in the hobby. Now if you just ignore the advice and continue on the wrong path we'll then there is a certain sign for you as you watch your tank decline.
That just said it all. Totally agree!!

It’s always the same person telling people to stop posting when they are trying to learn!
Crazy

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall I agree with this.. I haven't read the other threads to know if good advice is being ignored or not(OP, not reefdevil). What I see is someone giving advice on how to get good advice. Sometimes a bit harsh, but not this time. Sounds helpful to me

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall I agree with this.. I haven't read the other threads to know if good advice is being ignored or not(OP, not reefdevil). What I see is someone giving advice on how to get good advice. Sometimes a bit harsh, but not this time. Sounds helpful to me
You Get Me Yes GIF by Tristen J. Winger

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That just said it all. Totally agree!!

It’s always the same person telling people to stop posting when they are trying to learn!
Crazy
Never said to stop posting. Said to stop making new threads asking the same question as before, making it more difficult for those of us actually giving advice to do so (as opposed to you, who are focused on criticizing my posts...)

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never said to stop posting. Said to stop making new threads asking the same question as before, making it more difficult for those of us actually giving advice to do so (as opposed to you, who are focused on criticizing my posts...)
Exactly. And to nit pick your words.. you never once said not to make new threads or posts, you suggested keeping it in one for better advice. He might still be a little but hurt because his "talking to" was a bit more harsh... but I feel like I've noticed a improvement, so worth it. Not everything worth saying sounds nice. But what's more important, a person's feelings or the lives of the creatures we choose to keep?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I removed several posts from this thread that were unrelated to the initial topic and did not align with the terms of service. You are welcome to reach out to me with questions or for clarification. R2R was founded on the simple premise to develop a warm, friendly, suitable place to gather and discuss this hobby for people of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels. The “Be Nice” policy is something we take very seriously. This can be especially challenging when we perceive trolling activity - please work to separate the problem from the people and focus on addressing the problem.

We highly encourage healthy debate here and understand not everyone will agree on all issues. In fact, we value healthy and even lively discussion of hobby issues and questions...this actually leads to advancements in our hobby, so we ALL win through these debates. What we will not tolerate is the negativity, name calling, belittling attitude towards other members or the topics being discussed. We are not asking you to cease debating your positions. What we are asking is that you do so in a healthy, respectful manner.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed several posts from this thread that were unrelated to the initial topic and did not align with the terms of service. You are welcome to reach out to me with questions or for clarification. R2R was founded on the simple premise to develop a warm, friendly, suitable place to gather and discuss this hobby for people of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels. The “Be Nice” policy is something we take very seriously. This can be especially challenging when we perceive trolling activity - please work to separate the problem from the people and focus on addressing the problem.

We highly encourage healthy debate here and understand not everyone will agree on all issues. In fact, we value healthy and even lively discussion of hobby issues and questions...this actually leads to advancements in our hobby, so we ALL win through these debates. What we will not tolerate is the negativity, name calling, belittling attitude towards other members or the topics being discussed. We are not asking you to cease debating your positions. What we are asking is that you do so in a healthy, respectful manner.
I understand.
Sorry if I offended anyone.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back