Help on DIY T5 / LED Hybrid

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tbabcock
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I said the 8 bulb is a ton a light for a 90 not that it wasn't enough light. Bulb changes on an 8 bulb are going to get very expensive
 
Well guys if any one wants to know how i did it... i finally got it to work after braking down and buying a brand new ballast from BRS.
 
I know have an early model 8x54 powermodual with a dimming chanel for two of the 8 bulbs. I set it up on the apex to ramp up for 120min before the other 6 kick on then they will shut off and the damp down at dusk. The only thing left to do now is get the new LED T5 bulbs to replace the ones on the dimming chanel.
 
I know have an early model 8x54 powermodual with a dimming chanel for two of the 8 bulbs. I set it up on the apex to ramp up for 120min before the other 6 kick on then they will shut off and the damp down at dusk. The only thing left to do now is get the new LED T5 bulbs to replace the ones on the dimming chanel.

Did you happen to use the apex dimming cable?
 
I uses a patch cord and just connected the proper pair to the 10v terminals on the ballast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new