Help on toadstool leather!

reefkeeper96

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it might be hard to see but there are brown tips on some of the polyps of this toadstool/leather coral. Does anybody know why these are showing up? I just noticed them today and am wondering if I should be worried or not. Thanks.

IMG_6692.jpeg
 
Toadstool leathers are funny sometimes they do that then explode in growth for no reason…… then again sometimes they melt for no reason. I’m thinking growth from your picture but keep an eye on it
 
Upvote 0
Some of the tips are missing, is that bad? I have another toadstool in the tank that isn’t having any problems. I tried to get a better picture without any of the blue light, but it’s still hard to see. Let me know if this picture changes anything. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6693.jpeg
    IMG_6693.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new