Help out a new guy to AI Primes

  • Thread starter Thread starter AdamNC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hey now and great choice on the prime, I tend to run mine at about 15k color for most of the day then drop out the whites after 8 hours for the last 2 to view. your gonna get the best colors with a white main photo period. Keep your overall intensity down to like 60 % and acclimate slow , its a great light. I have used them for around 5 years still going strong on my main growout/ frag tank.
Yea I’ve got them set on 50% right now in prep for the corals. Do you care to send a screen shot of your setup if you get a chance
 
Here is what works for me great growth on high rocks and on the bottom. Kinda blue here is it’s whitest point. I have been on this since October and stuff grows like crazy. I just adjusted Saxbys settings to my eye. I think With The new ones you can send each other settings if you wanna I can send mine to try.

9F7121EF-9053-4E47-8AAB-56D7C82E2CA6.jpeg 0F01A3FB-41CD-473A-9891-19231FE6E9FA.png 9564129F-8765-41AA-B91C-86265518584C.png
 
Here is what works for me great growth on high rocks and on the bottom. Kinda blue here is it’s whitest point. I have been on this since October and stuff grows like crazy. I just adjusted Saxbys settings to my eye. I think With The new ones you can send each other settings if you wanna I can send mine to try.

9F7121EF-9053-4E47-8AAB-56D7C82E2CA6.jpeg 0F01A3FB-41CD-473A-9891-19231FE6E9FA.png 9564129F-8765-41AA-B91C-86265518584C.png
Yea man that would be sweet. What tank size is that?
 
It’s a reefer 250 (65 gal). Got 3 prime 16’s over it
I’m think on my evo I should have them maybe a slight less powerful for my little system
 
I’m think on my evo I should have them maybe a slight less powerful for my little system
Yes always start low and work your way up, less light is not a killer like too High light is
 
Here is what works for me great growth on high rocks and on the bottom. Kinda blue here is it’s whitest point. I have been on this since October and stuff grows like crazy. I just adjusted Saxbys settings to my eye. I think With The new ones you can send each other settings if you wanna I can send mine to try.

9F7121EF-9053-4E47-8AAB-56D7C82E2CA6.jpeg 0F01A3FB-41CD-473A-9891-19231FE6E9FA.png 9564129F-8765-41AA-B91C-86265518584C.png
i have 2 ai prime hds on a jbj 45 gallon aio, do you think the ab settings would work on it
 
i have 2 ai prime hds on a jbj 45 gallon aio, do you think the ab settings would work on it
I don’t see why not. Use acclimation mode just to be safe and if the shadowing is rough you can always add a third but I don’t think that will be necessary. I think 9-12 inches off the water is the sweet spot as well for good blending and spread
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new