Help out a new guy to AI Primes

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got me a brand new AI Prime 16HD today from my LFS. Trying to search the web and too much info to consume at once. Tank is a standard 10g with the AI Prime 16HD on the solid tank mount(not the flex arm). Tank has been cycling for about 3 months, levels are in check and I just picked up it's first inhabitants, a Yellow Watchman Goby and 2 Zoa frags. Ones a Eagle Eye and not sure of the other one yet. Currently running the factory settings on acclimation of 60% across the board. I tried the ab+ but it's wayyyyy to blue for my liking. Any other settings that I can try without frying the new zoas?

1EDD9569-6B0C-4A9A-91F6-98AC02E21524.jpeg

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it the BRS AB+ for that light? I didn't know the made one for the 26hd. On my prime HD it's not all that blue.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one.
Maybe it's more blue because it's a newer model? But yea it's really really blue like a Radion.

AI ab+.PNG

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most reef tanks will be blue, period. White looking tanks are either a filter on the camera lens or the whites temporarily turned up.

I have the OG prime hds on a modified AB+. I have whites ramping over 4 hours to a noon spike to simulate the sun. But it still never gets over 50% and I'm running a t5 setup too

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one.
Maybe it's more blue because it's a newer model? But yea it's really really blue like a Radion.

AI ab+.PNG
you could try bringing the white to 25 percent, it was very blue at first but now im adjusted to it and it looks whiter. But im using the ai primes before the new ones were released, snagged them on sale from brs.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most reef tanks will be blue, period. White looking tanks are either a filter on the camera lens or the whites temporarily turned up.

I have the OG prime hds on a modified AB+. I have whites ramping over 4 hours to a noon spike to simulate the sun. But it still never gets over 50% and I'm running a t5 setup too

This is my 40br with a phone lens. Not near as blue but more of a whitish/purple, but the corals like it.

0B148993-8463-4F12-BAF5-1953D4FB7174.jpeg

Bigbadfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out that light is strong for the size and zoas don’t need a ton of light.

Pman12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the HD on my evo wondering what my settings need to be around have corals coming next weekend

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey now and great choice on the prime, I tend to run mine at about 15k color for most of the day then drop out the whites after 8 hours for the last 2 to view. your gonna get the best colors with a white main photo period. Keep your overall intensity down to like 60 % and acclimate slow , its a great light. I have used them for around 5 years still going strong on my main growout/ frag tank.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey now and great choice on the prime, I tend to run mine at about 15k color for most of the day then drop out the whites after 8 hours for the last 2 to view. your gonna get the best colors with a white main photo period. Keep your overall intensity down to like 60 % and acclimate slow , its a great light. I have used them for around 5 years still going strong on my main growout/ frag tank.
what do you think about mine 2 ai prime hd on jbj 45 gallon aio

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back