Help Please! Hydroids

  • Thread starter Thread starter mysterybox
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mysterybox

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
30
Location
Flowery Branch, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help please! Hydroids are killing my Coral. I'm manually smashing them to bits, and my coral that was affected has started to recover, but is there anything that won't kill my pistol shrimp? SPS? and sensitive fish? I have and are still taking care of those in the first pic by manually smashing on my tort...it's working fairly well. Ok, so looksie at the Purple & Green Poci in the second pic, and now look at the gaps to the background. You will see thousands of spikes! yikes! I took care of those in the second pic manually on my tort...

I just recently figured out (3 months ago) that those spikes were Hydroids (11 year old reef), as I thought it was something else. They are easy to smash to bits, but many are in very hard to reach places.

Thanks!

IMG_1775.JPG


IMG_3033.JPG
 
Im trying to zoom in the best I can but do you see a white umbrella at the top of each one?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new