[help] Please identify this pest of fish

Marine_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, greetings to everyone jumped into this thread, this is my first thread in R2R though i've never expected my first post would be a pest-id topic...

I got a tank of Chaetodontoplus, four of them (singapore angel, scribbled angel, blue line and a conspicuous ) in a 4inch tank
About Jan 15th 2019 i found my blue line start to rub against rock and start twitching though no obvious symptoms on the body;
i thought it could be ich so i just waited for another week to see some tiny white spot around Feb 23nd 2019;
It's no real problem for us FOTers to deal with ich (am i right though?) so i just dosed cupramine and raised to 0.5ppm (salifert copper kit) in 2 days and maintained that level till today (Feb 18th) so i would say thats near a month treatment right?
I m not hoping to reduce the copper concentration if no white spots remains on the body because i know there should be at least 6 weeks to overlap their longest life cycle ;
But until now the white spot are still there on the fish body, disappearing one day and coming up the next two days, just like it comes and goes like nothing bothered.....which makes me wander if this is definitely ich or any other pest...
P.S....the spots on the fish are like a needle pin into the body at a tilt and the white spot may even sway along the flow....all fish are eating great and behave actively except the ich problem
Here are some pictures i took today on my scribbled angelfish...please you guys help to identify
Great appreciation from a Chinese hobbyist...
WechatIMG31.jpeg

WechatIMG30.jpeg

WechatIMG32.jpeg
WechatIMG33.jpeg

WechatIMG34.jpeg
WechatIMG33.jpeg
WechatIMG34.jpeg
WechatIMG35.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Could be a couple of things. It's very hard to see what you are seeing on this end. But, anyway, Lympho can present as a fibrous string at times. And it will come and go as it is a virus kinda like the human herpes that once you have it you have it for life.
The other thought is some sort of round worm. You could try a freshwater dip to see if anything comes off to confirm or eliminate this possibility.
Beautiful fish BTW.

For Lympho I've been using Beta Glucan to boost fish's immune system. Usually works pretty good. Info below:

OP
OP
Marine_Addict

Marine_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Could be a couple of things. It's very hard to see what you are seeing on this end. But, anyway, Lympho can present as a fibrous string at times. And it will come and go as it is a virus kinda like the human herpes that once you have it you have it for life.
The other thought is some sort of round worm. You could try a freshwater dip to see if anything comes off to confirm or eliminate this possibility.
Beautiful fish BTW.

For Lympho I've been using Beta Glucan to boost fish's immune system. Usually works pretty good. Info below:

I checked and thought it is unlikely to be Lympho, strengthening the immune of the fish could be a promotion measure that i ll take into account...Thanks for your advice

OP
OP
Marine_Addict

Marine_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Beautiful fish BTW.

Hi Big G, today i did a FW bath for it and wow the white spot drops ....gorgeous...
This thread can be closed (better retains here as a reference for other hobbyists) that this is definitely a fluke~~~though it looks like ich

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Big G, today i did a FW bath for it and wow the white spot drops ....gorgeous...
This thread can be closed (better retains here as a reference for other hobbyists) that this is definitely a fluke~~~though it looks like ich
Cool! Definitely roundworms then as lympho is unaffected by FW dips.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back