**HELP PLEASE** Radion G5 / G6 RMS Single Arm Mount Tightening Knob Popped Off While On Tank **HELP PLEASE!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyD1182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my xr15 g5 blue leds leaning more then I liked so when I tightened the mount arm a little to the tank so it was more upright the knob popped off and the bottom bracket fell into my waterbox aio sump and I caught the light luckily. Now the adjustment metal mount bolt won’t stay in the bracket when tightened to the tank even a little bit. Idk how to find or look for this tightening bolt part to replace this and I now can’t use my light until this is remedied which I would like to fix asap so my coral don’t start to have issues. Hers photos of what I’m talking about in reference to the parts I’m talking about.
I don’t think I trust super glue to hold this metal bolt to the inside of the plastic knob.

Any and all help will be appreciated!!

IMG_4363.jpeg IMG_4364.jpeg IMG_4365.jpeg IMG_4366.jpeg IMG_4367.jpeg IMG_4370.jpeg

OP
OP
MikeyD1182

MikeyD1182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you get the alignment right I see no reason why super glue wouldent work.

So basically put super glue in the black knob and push the metal bolt into it, let dry (however long that will take) and hope it holds?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would use epoxy.
But I can see on the end that goes into the cap is slotted. A flat head screw driver should tighten it up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MikeyD1182

MikeyD1182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted here because the issue wasn’t necessarily lighting but light mounting equipment.

#MODS please delete or atleast close this as I posted it in the wrong section and now have it in the correct area.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back