- Joined
- May 2, 2021
- Messages
- 63
- Reaction score
- 41
- Location
- Wisconsin
- What state or country do you live in
- Wisconsin
Please help, we were away for 5 days, my dad fed the tank and changed filter socks, 3 hours from home and he tells me a fish died.. (fairy wrasse)
I get home and it's a coral graveyard.
My toadstool, hammers, torch, Octospawn, frogspawn, finger leather, ricordea, blasto, acan, the list goes on.
There's small bubbles on the algae on the back wall, so I wonder if I have dinos!?
Then I see the water is 90 degrees!
The thermometer popped out of the water.
I did a 6 gallon water change, floated ice. Temp is now 85. (45 gallon plus sump)
Salt 1.025
TEMP 90 !!
Ph 8.2
Amm .5 (fish died too, so obv)
Phosphate .04
NitRATE 5
Nitrite 0
Alk 8.8
Ca 480
I couldn't change too much water to not shock them by changing temp too fast. Ugh.
Thoughts on dinos? Was the only issue the temp. Also lost Herbie our skunk shrimp :(
What do I do now?
Pics attached. After and before, and curious what's growing under the rock here too??

I get home and it's a coral graveyard.
My toadstool, hammers, torch, Octospawn, frogspawn, finger leather, ricordea, blasto, acan, the list goes on.
There's small bubbles on the algae on the back wall, so I wonder if I have dinos!?
Then I see the water is 90 degrees!
The thermometer popped out of the water.
I did a 6 gallon water change, floated ice. Temp is now 85. (45 gallon plus sump)
Salt 1.025
TEMP 90 !!
Ph 8.2
Amm .5 (fish died too, so obv)
Phosphate .04
NitRATE 5
Nitrite 0
Alk 8.8
Ca 480
I couldn't change too much water to not shock them by changing temp too fast. Ugh.
Thoughts on dinos? Was the only issue the temp. Also lost Herbie our skunk shrimp :(
What do I do now?
Pics attached. After and before, and curious what's growing under the rock here too??

