HELP! Possibly chalice dying???

J&E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19351A4F-434C-42AD-B453-729124D85B74.jpeg

We’ve been having issues with our corals, weve added a new recordea mushroom which is settling and doing well, along with a pink chalice which isn’t doing too great, had Zoas and gsp for over 2 months both of which have grown spread and the zoas are doing great. we did have a temperature swing due to a faulty heater but this was before we added the new chalice and recordia, the gsp has been playing up ever since the spike in temperature and never seems to open properly anymore, the temperature is always at a steady 24 degrees Celsius and the salinity is at 1.025. Chalice seems to be losing colour and is receding, seeing more bone.is there something we’re missing out?
Phosphate : 0.03
Carbonate Hardness : 7.2 8F2F580B-1F4F-4471-A649-88AF8E1C309B.jpeg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got algae growing. No visible coralline algae growth. GSP's having issues.
All of this points to an unstable tank IMO.
Please post all parameters. Also, age of the tank. Light you are using.
FYI, chalice typically prefer lower light. They can adjust to higher light, but will need to start in the low end.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back