OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have everything but the salinity done.

I think I will finish this for the night and figure out the PAB tomorrow.

I have other husbandry to do. I have a tang with ich and I need to fresh water dip it (i don’t have a QT). Using Polylab medic.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have everything but the salinity done.

I think I will finish this for the night and figure out the PAB tomorrow.

I have other husbandry to do. I have a tang with ich and I need to fresh water dip it (i don’t have a QT). Using Polylab medic.

The pab should be easy to get figured out once you get back to it. Just watch the ghl video on it and @Ditto instructions in his thread.

Also the ghl video on setting up wifi connection is very good and easy to follow.

OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the WiFi connection done. I am already using the GHL App. Just need to add the PAB and then attempt to hook up the KH Director and Pump tomorrow.

OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,

Ditto’s instructions are way better than the videos or anything GHL offered. They should pay you for them and publish them.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,

Ditto’s instructions are way better than the videos or anything GHL offered. They should pay you for them and publish them.

I've been saying that since I utilized them as well! Lol. He really does have a gift when it comes to explaining everything so everyone can understand. GHL has great people, but the more popular the system becomes, the more help that is needed. He's helped many, many people with GHL setup and configuration.

Ghl is also listening and continually working to streamline the system and make it easy. The app that is there today didn't exist a year ago.

Sounds like you're 90% there. The great thing is once it's setup, it's rock solid and doesn't decided to crap out or lose functions.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words, I did the instructions to show everyone that it not as hard to do if a web interface at the time did not exist and how to do it if your coming from a competitor product :)

Your going to love the product and there is some great people along with the GHL support team on these forums that help when it comes to the GHL product line your not alone :)

You soon see how stable and feature rich the product is!!

Welcome to the GHL fan club!!

OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you guys believe a refractometer over the GHL Probe?

Trying to figure out this fluctuation.

Should I just manually input data until it reads the salinity of my refractometer and hen call it good? Kinda like Kentucky windage but for calibrating my salinity.

OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my last cheap glass aquarium thermometer was reading high. The new temp probe is reading at 75.5.

I would rather be above 76.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a heater that works well with the GHL or will any heater work since it will just be plugged in to the PAB power strip and managed by the temp probe and the controller?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take a sample to your local fish store and have them confirm your salinity this would let you know which one is closer.

After I calibrated my refractometer it was within .25 which was close enough for me.

Placement also matters away from electrical interference and micro bubbles.

OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used my refractometer and my neighbor’s. They both read the same. I will just raise the temp of the solution until I get the same reading as the refractometers.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what all the Profilux will control with the GHL Vortex controller for the Ecotech MP40 Power heads?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your powerheads only.Their L1 ands M1 pumps have never been allow to be control by a non OEM controller.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take a sample to your local fish store and have them confirm your salinity this would let you know which one is closer.

After I calibrated my refractometer it was within .25 which was close enough for me.

Placement also matters away from electrical interference and micro bubbles.
A salinity probe should really only be used to watch trends anyway.
Electrical interference, dirty probe, etc can alter the readings.
A properly calibrated refractometer would still be the most accurate and a good way to periodically check to make sure your probe is still reading fairly accurately.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A salinity probe should really only be used to watch trends anyway.
Electrical interference, dirty probe, etc can alter the readings.
A properly calibrated refractometer would still be the most accurate and a good way to periodically check to make sure your probe is still reading fairly accurately.
+1
This is an unfortunate truth. Salinity probes, regardless of manufacturer, and almost useless on a reef tank. The technology just isn't there yet for continuous monitoring. If your salinity probe makes it more than 6 months you are doing good. If it lasts more than a year you are doing great. Expect to clean and calibrate it monthly to get an accurate reading. Mine died and I have no intention of replacing it. With a good ATO system I only test salinity ever 2 weeks anyway.

OP
OP
Gonzo74

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys and gals,

I am trying to assign my PAB devises and I keep getting a message that reads “there are no items to show in this view”.

Anyone ran into this before?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys and gals,

I am trying to assign my PAB devises and I keep getting a message that reads “there are no items to show in this view”.

Anyone ran into this before?

I had an issue one time, but honestly forget what I ended up doing. There is a way to emergency detect/add a pab device. Unplug the pab device from power. Plug it back in. While both lights are on the 5.1 bar, click the assign pab device om GCC. Something like that?

Are both the communication leds lit on the 5.1? One green and one amber I think.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back