Help Programming Apex EL scenario ???

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to make a program that even if my Apex is in Feed mode, to turn back on my return pump if it detects water on the floor. This would guard against the pump overflowing when the pump is off if for some strange reason my sump was too full of water. However, I'm hitting a break wall with this.

The problem is, my logic is causing an infinite loop with the controller turning on and then off and on and then off and so on over and over again.

What I've done is created a virtual outlet that if the outlet is on, then the return pump is off. Here is the logic...

Set OFF
If Output FeedSwitch = ON Then ON
If Output ForcePumpOn = ON Then OFF

What I want is the ability to tell this outlet to be OFF no matter what if ForcePumpOn is on. How can I do that?

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would help if you explain when you want the outlet on and when you want it off. What does this outlet control?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the feed mode or just a switch?

What’s the status of ForcePumpOn as all this happens?

Assuming ForcePumpOn is a virtual output, the easiest way would be to program it something like this:

[Outlet ForcePumpOn]
Set Off
If LeakDetect ON then ON
Min Time MMM:SS then ON

Where MMM:SS is the duration of your feed mode. This will keep ForcePumpOn in the ON state for at least the remainder of your feed mode.

Back