Help question

Gastonreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a powerhead go out and had to use one that had to be on all the time and didn't do the wave thing. But now I have a new powerhead in that does the wave thing. But some of the zoas haven't open back up plz help
IMG_1468.JPG
IMG_1467.JPG

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make sure the flow is not too strong where they are situated.

What are your parameters? Alk, ph, temp, salinity? make sure it is not a water quality issue.
Examine the affected colonies close up and make sure you are not seeing any pests that might be affecting them.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
use a turkey baster to stirr up stuff off the rocks. youll be able to "see" the speed of the flow. Adjust the power or, just slightly change the position of the powerhead.

Zackmoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had problems with this and a local fish store owner told me to blast them with a power head for at least 10 hours then after move it away to have less flow. I tried it and it worked for me.

OP
OP
Gastonreef

Gastonreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had problems with this and a local fish store owner told me to blast them with a power head for at least 10 hours then after move it away to have less flow. I tried it and it worked for me.

I'll try this weekend

OP
OP
Gastonreef

Gastonreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1514.JPG
everything has open up. Starting doing the Red Sea color coral dosing.

oscar ortiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol vro i had a small frag of some dragon eye zoanthids and the frag was really big and annoying and the polyps were attached to a small rock so i cut the rock off the frag plug and i glued it to some live rock but they never opened back up and they just got smaller and now there litterally gone i dont know if one of my fish ate it or shrimp or snail, im not to bothered since it was such a small frag and i got it for free but still i hear zoanthids are like the hardiest of corals and dont know how it died

Back