HELP!! REMOVE AIPTASIA FROM FRAG PLUG

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I've gotten rid of aiptasia before in my display tank but I started a new 14g cube a few weeks ago and im noticing aiptasia on one of my zoa frag plugs. I'm wondering if there's any way to "pick" the apitasia off. I've tried aiptasia x in the past and IMO it just made it spread. I would also get a peppermint shrimp but it seems too hard to find the right one that eats aiptasia. Please let me know if you guys can help or have any ideas.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is removing the frag plug an option?
you can scrape, scrub dip and brush the heck out of the plug but i always prefer to clip the frag plug if possible.
After some recent experimentation i have also determined that aiptasia products are complete garbage and only serve to aggravate and spread the issue.

BelleReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had zoas with infections I removed them from their plugs, did a 1:1 hydrogen peroxide dip for 2 minutes, and a bunch of aiptasia came off that I had been fighting. My zoas are aiptasia free now and the infections cleared up :)

Tbg299

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I've gotten rid of aiptasia before in my display tank but I started a new 14g cube a few weeks ago and im noticing aiptasia on one of my zoa frag plugs. I'm wondering if there's any way to "pick" the apitasia off. I've tried aiptasia x in the past and IMO it just made it spread. I would also get a peppermint shrimp but it seems too hard to find the right one that eats aiptasia. Please let me know if you guys can help or have any ideas.
I've exterminated the majority of aiptasia in my tank using Red Sea Aiptasia-x.

lxxnp1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Red Sea Aiptasia-x too. It takes some time to spot one by one, but it works in my tank.

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use F-Aiptasia. Unlike most other ways to treat aiptasia, F-Aiptasia both kills the aiptasia and forms a layer over it, preventing any babies from escaping.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd smother in superglue.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back