Help!! Remove it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VVolfe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VVolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
53
Reaction score
52
Location
Charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a rose tip bubble anemone yesterday morning.

The black clown immediately started rubbing on it almost nonstop. All the other fish were extremely curious and the black clown didn’t really run them off. The orchid dottyback would make an occasional quick nibble.

The Anemone was looking like it was doing ok so I thought maybe the clown was just trying to establish a relationship/hosting.

This morning it appears to have shrunken down and trying to slide under a rock but the foot of the anemone looks shredded and I’m not sure if I should remove it. The fish seem completely uninterested in it now.
F77DD1B5-3BB7-4329-B495-07494032A457.jpeg
 
I took it out early yesterday and did a water change and then a round of tests. I still couldn’t find a reason other than the fish going at it for it to have gone off so fast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new