[Help] Royal Gamma not eating.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hikaruko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hikaruko

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I wanted some help regarding my Royal Gamma not eating. I've had this royal gamma for about a year now in a 13.5 gallon tank with 2 oscellaris clowns. It has been eating fine before, but recently, this past week, it hasn't eaten it's usual pellets or frozen brine shrimp. Also today, this white strand (poo?) has been sticking out for the past 10ish hours. It also now has a white patch of scales on it's body. Please see the video attached.

Thanks,
Felix.
 

Attachments

  • 1C0097D7-F441-49ED-8DF2-1054D5DA35B0.mov
    1.3 MB
My understanding is that white stringing poop like that is typically a red flag for intestinal worms or flukes. You will need to make medicated food to treat it. I think praziquantel is the medication you want. Sold under the brand name prazipro for hobbyists. You will also need a binder (seachem focus) and garlic to get him to eat it. There are some good instructions for prepping the food in here if you search.
 
How old is that tank?
Setup this new tank 3 weeks ago due to some problems with the old one, used new dryrock and sand, but used the old water and filter media from the old tank. I did 5% waterchange everyday the first week and now doing 10% every 3-4 days. Have also been dosing with seachem stability daily. Ammonia levels have been <0.2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new