Help royal Grandma

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed white spots on face and fines and white stringy poop any ideas oh it. Tested water all is good. Had him from baby about almost 2 years old
IMG_20190618_183214125.jpeg

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anything changed with the tank before this happened

#reefsquad

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the liberty to move this over to the fish disease forum for a better response.

Have you added anything to the tank recently?

Nicholas Scelzi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you introduced anything to the tank recently? ( new fish, clean up crew) anything that could have been carrying parasites such as ich or velvet or anything that could have been infected ? Hard to tell from your pic but could be ich. @4FordFamily @HotRocks and others will be able to help. If it’s something like ich you are going to want to set up a QT tank to treat with copper etc

OP
OP
jordan10

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I noticed my blue tang has a little white spiting going on to. I just feed them tang ate like crazy the grandma not a nibble

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spots are very large that it could be ich, there’s also a possibility of flukes. I would try a fw dip followed by a rally bath and then in copper or CP.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spots are very large that it could be ich, there’s also a possibility of flukes. I would try a fw dip followed by a rally bath and then in copper or CP.
Agree with this^

Flukes likely, ich is a close second possiblity.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks how long can a fish live with flukes?
Depends on the severity of the affliction. Typically, unless it's really bad, it's not an emergency situation. I still wouldn't waste any time as the sooner the better.

OP
OP
jordan10

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the severity of the affliction. Typically, unless it's really bad, it's not an emergency situation. I still wouldn't waste any time as the sooner the better.
Ok thanks just asking because I don't have anything to do the rally bath and be honest first time hearing it. Or a QT tank right now I mean I can do a fwd now. But that be it. Was going to stop and get some stuff tomorrow after work. And what is worse ich or fluke?

Nicholas Scelzi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you can’t do much tonight as you stated in your last post, use tonight to do research. There are plenty of great informational threads in the fish disease forum that will help you learn about both flukes and ich and how to handle both

OP
OP
jordan10

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you can’t do much tonight as you stated in your last post, use tonight to do research. There are plenty of great informational threads in the fish disease forum that will help you learn about both flukes and ich and how to handle both
Thanks that's what I did it was. A hard night sleep. But just got make it to 2:30 lol.

Back