Bangaii sick

rrai7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

My 2 year old wild caught Bangaii was doing well until 5 days ago, it is no longer eating and I have noticed a white stringy mass from the rectal area, I have moved to quarantine and started treatment with prazipro. It won’t eat so brine/mysis soaked general cure won’t take.

Just FYI when I got the fish 2 years ago, it went through 30 days copper power and 2 prazi treatments, the other fish from the time are fine.

IMG_1783.jpeg IMG_1784.jpeg IMG_1785.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi All,

My 2 year old wild caught Bangaii was doing well until 5 days ago, it is no longer eating and I have noticed a white stringy mass from the rectal area, I have moved to quarantine and started treatment with prazipro. It won’t eat so brine/mysis soaked general cure won’t take.

Just FYI when I got the fish 2 years ago, it went through 30 days copper power and 2 prazi treatments, the other fish from the time are fine.

IMG_1783.jpeg IMG_1784.jpeg IMG_1785.jpeg
2-3 years is typical lifespan. As they reach their longevity, they will spend more time hiding, less appetite and sort of Blah behavior. I would not soak food in medication as it offers little advantage and often makes food taste bitter.
If it doesnt eat food voluntarily, there can be an issue with water or disease but fish looks healthy in pics.
Is it breathing normal or labored?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed - if it was a wild caught fish and you had it for two years, it is likely at the end of its "normal" lifespan.

For future reference, never mix General Cure in food - it contains praziquantel and metronidazole mixed for addition in water, not food. Medicated foods are tough to do properly....

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back