Help! Sick fish?

bsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys both my flame hawk and tomini tang have developed this white color on there skin. It makes them look ashy , my flame hawk was always a bright red now he is faded and my tang as well they have been eating still but I need to know what to do all my other fish look fine
I’ve looked on Google but I can’t find a name for this anyone know what it is

IMG_5631.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys both my flame hawk and tomini tang have developed this white color on there skin. It makes them look ashy , my flame hawk was always a bright red now he is faded and my tang as well they have been eating still but I need to know what to do all my other fish look fine
I’ve looked on Google but I can’t find a name for this anyone know what it is

IMG_5631.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Very hard pics to work with as they are very dark in blue coloration. Need clearer pics under white light intensity. May be bacterial or damage from scratching against surfaces for flukes as an example

OP
OP
B

bsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very hard pics to work with as they are very dark in blue coloration. Need clearer pics under white light intensity. May be bacterial or damage from scratching against surfaces for flukes as an example
Hey so here are more pics wit white lights , u can see like where where he has white patches on his belly and throughout his skin , I know it’s not ich for sure cause I know what that looks like , he has been swimming to my tang and tang picks stuff off of him , he also been sitting next to my return chamber a lot , I guess because that’s where a lot of constant flow is

Attachments

• IMG_5641.jpeg
    IMG_5641.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5640.jpeg
    IMG_5640.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 19

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey so here are more pics wit white lights , u can see like where where he has white patches on his belly and throughout his skin , I know it’s not ich for sure cause I know what that looks like , he has been swimming to my tang and tang picks stuff off of him , he also been sitting next to my return chamber a lot , I guess because that’s where a lot of constant flow is
There is distortion in the pics from light shimmer but looks to be skin irritation or bacterial issue. If you have not yet treated, time is of essence and treated with seachem Kanaplex in a separate treatment tank with added aeration

OP
OP
B

bsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is distortion in the pics from light shimmer but looks to be skin irritation or bacterial issue. If you have not yet treated, time is of essence and treated with seachem Kanaplex in a separate treatment tank with added aeration
Yeah I know not the best pic but u can see what I’m talking bout kinda he used to be a bright dark red all across, now he is not But Yes I took them both out today I don’t have that I can swing by to grab that tomorrow, as of rn I have them in Fritz copper safe
Thank u

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah I know not the best pic but u can see what I’m talking bout kinda he used to be a bright dark red all across, now he is not But Yes I took them both out today I don’t have that I can swing by to grab that tomorrow, as of rn I have them in Fritz copper safe
Thank u
Coppersafe is for parasitical treatment- not this unfortunately

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back