Help!!!! Something ATE my Blue Maxima Clam!!!!!!!

OP
OP
ReefRDude

ReefRDude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I'm hoping....but i have had several snails disappear. Funny you said that because my turbo snails are alive and thriving. Maybe my hermits are taking them out?????

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had the clam out of water at all, you need to "burp it" just make sure theres no air trapped inside its shell or under its tissue as this could kill it.

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought a whole bunch of dwarf cirith snails(100+) recently and when i got them i just poured them all in the front of my tank and that night he was out and about crawling on them like it was a buffet and i scooped him out with the coral he tried to hide in and placed him in a cup with a small amount of water till he came out... so be sure to grab them quick cuz they will hide in coral and small crevices and be sure to get the whole worm...

take a look at my recent thread
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/general-invert-forum/60750-good-guy-bad-guy.html

Marius1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hermits crabs eaten today I lost my brown maxima clam also I saw the hermits yesterday bothering the clam and when I come from work my clam dissapired

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back