Help Sps isue

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 20 sps in the tank all doing moderately well. I noticed some small spots on my speciosa frag and now they seem to be getting bigger.

can someone tell me what’s going on? Does this look like aefw? The polyps are normally out I just dipped the coral just in case which is why it looks unhappy.
1679933231588.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def looks like aefw ugh… start hitting them with a turkey baster and see if fly off.. if you can start pulling them and dipping them.. also check for eggs around the base..

OP
OP
C

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def looks like aefw ugh… start hitting them with a turkey baster and see if fly off.. if you can start pulling them and dipping them.. also check for eggs around the base..

what should the dip regiment look like once a day once a week? I don’t see any of the other corals being affected by it in the immediate area. I dipped it and didn’t see anything come off besides algae and pieces of tissue.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what should the dip regiment look like once a day once a week? I don’t see any of the other corals being affected by it in the immediate area. I dipped it and didn’t see anything come off besides algae and pieces of tissue.
All depends how bad you got them.. do you have any Millie’s? I’d dip one of those and see what comes off.. they love milliepora

OP
OP
C

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends how bad you got them.. do you have any Millie’s? I’d dip one of those and see what comes off.. they love milliepora
Ok sounds good. I didn’t say this in the previous message but I appreciate the help.

OP
OP
C

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse the algae on the glass. Here is how it normally looks with polyps put. Wouldn’t the polyps be retracted if it was aefw?

Attachments

• 34A84005-A399-4C18-8569-F826E96FD03A.jpeg
    34A84005-A399-4C18-8569-F826E96FD03A.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 63

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse the algae on the glass. Here is how it normally looks with polyps put. Wouldn’t the polyps be retracted if it was aefw?
They will still be out unless a fish is pecking at it.. which could be a possibility but they normally nip the polyps not the flesh.

OP
OP
C

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone! What a bummer. I dip everything and haven’t added a new coral in months. I guess I’ll start the dipping routine with all the frags just to be safe.

acrojunkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 20 sps in the tank all doing moderately well. I noticed some small spots on my speciosa frag and now they seem to be getting bigger.

can someone tell me what’s going on? Does this look like aefw? The polyps are normally out I just dipped the coral just in case which is why it looks unhappy.
1679933231588.jpeg
Most definitely some kind of AEFW, those are "bite marks". Dipping helps remove the live ones but you may want to inspect for eggs as the dipping does not affect them as much.

OP
OP
C

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 line already. The two dips seemed to stop the bite marks. I’m in the process of moving so I was trying not to add any more livestock. I just hope this frag survives the move. Thanks for all the help!

OP
OP
C

catturio19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a resolution for this in case anyone is running into a similar issue. Dipped the corals once a week for three weeks and started dosing flatworm stop. That seems to have resolved the issues. The tissue has already grown back over the missing spots. What was strange was only the speciosa was affected. I dipped all my frags that were dippable. I also have a 6 line and leopard wrasse so that may have helped as well.

Back