Help strange Alien creature ID

How long has your tank been up?
 
I think it is a type of tube worm. It looks similar (I know there are some differences) to what a coco worm looks like out of it's tube. Also, notice the spiral configuration happening on these appendages, reminds me of a christmas tree worm or a coco worm. I would ask Dr. Ron Shimek (if he doesn't know it off the top of his head, he will research it).
worm id.png
 
Yes, I agree all the features are there. LeslieH will know.
 
I hope you find this one out!!!!
I love a good mystery:)
 
I really think this is a tube worm who has lost his plume and that's the vestimentum and trunk that is left. When you do a Google image search for Riftia pachyptila, a lot of pictures come up that are similar. I'm not saying that is the species, it was just the search term that led me to those photos.

Google
 
My first thought is tube worm out of it's tube. It's happened to me two times and looked somewhat similar to this.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new