Help to ID a flatworm like creature, sorry no picture!

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can describe this thing very well, I got a good view of it with my lights out. I could not get a picture because he went inside of a rock before I could take one. It was maybe a bit smaller than the diameter of a dime. It was stop-sign shaped, almost like an umbrella shape. It was that tan translucent color, almost like the color of planaria. It was paper thin, same thickness of a flatworm. It did seem to have a central mouth in the middle. I noticed when it was moving that the edge would come off the rock and flap in the current, much like a flatworm moves. Before I kill it, does this sound like a problem flatworm? I am guessing my 6-line thinks it is too big to eat.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can describe this thing very well, I got a good view of it with my lights out. I could not get a picture because he went inside of a rock before I could take one. It was maybe a bit smaller than the diameter of a dime. It was stop-sign shaped, almost like an umbrella shape. It was that tan translucent color, almost like the color of planaria. It was paper thin, same thickness of a flatworm. It did seem to have a central mouth in the middle. I noticed when it was moving that the edge would come off the rock and flap in the current, much like a flatworm moves. Before I kill it, does this sound like a problem flatworm? I am guessing my 6-line thinks it is too big to eat.
Could be, but without pic hard to say.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back