Help to ID what's on my fish

grumpyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance someone can help ID the white spots on the fins and possible treatment? Thanks a bunch.

Screenshot_20230723_100534_Gallery.jpg

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please provide some background information. How long have you had the fish? Did you quarantine? What other fish are in the tank? Have you had illnesses with other fish?

OP
OP
G

grumpyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please provide some background information. How long have you had the fish? Did you quarantine? What other fish are in the tank? Have you had illnesses with other fish?
No QT, my bad

Fish list
2 x black and white butterfly (latest addition)
1 x flagfin angel
1 x clown fish
1 x tomini tang

Red sea 350 tank. I believe it's 90gal

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Any chance someone can help ID the white spots on the fins and possible treatment? Thanks a bunch.

Screenshot_20230723_100534_Gallery.jpg
Good new is it Looks like lymphocystis which this type of fish is susceptible to. Lympho is a condition and not disease. Often its associated with water quality issue as simple as elevated ammonia or nitrate and can be that of water from LFS and not yours. Assure to provide Good water quality monitored by a reliable test kit and feed nutritious food with fats such as LRS nano frenzy and mysis shrimp.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+2, that's Lymphocystis, a common viral disease that this species is prone to. It will go away on its own in a few weeks to a month or so. It may get worse before it gets better.

Jay

OP
OP
G

grumpyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good new is it Looks like lymphocystis which this type of fish is susceptible to. Lympho is a condition and not disease. Often its associated with water quality issue as simple as elevated ammonia or nitrate and can be that of water from LFS and not yours. Assure to provide Good water quality monitored by a reliable test kit and feed nutritious food with fats such as LRS nano frenzy and mysis shrimp.
Thanks. I was worried it was ich.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back