Help: torch retracting. Worm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kronex
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kronex

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2023
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Location
ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a torch that has been retracting and done polyps falling out. I think there is some sort of worm living on skeleton. Pic below. Any advice?

Alk 9.1
Nitrate 15
Phos 0.07
Salinity 1.025

IMG_1967.jpeg
 
Here another picture.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 90
I scraped off the shell it was it but it seemed to retract back into the coral. Didn’t see the worm. Would this cause coral to recede and drop polyps?
IMG_1973.jpeg
A torch "polyp" is the entire head. Do you mean tentacles? I wouldn't think these would make those fall off
 
A torch "polyp" is the entire head. Do you mean tentacles? I wouldn't think these would make those fall off
Yeah I mean tentacles. A few have fallen off one side and the torch is overall more closed then when I got it. Tentacles look deflated
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new