Help. Urgent

Trueflo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 50 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump. I have 3E Heim 150 watt heaters set at 79° and my tank is down to 72.4. That's the lowest it has gotten lights are off at the moment. I have not changed anything in the heaters. All show that they are on anyone. Know what the f*** is going on before everything crashes? What am I doing wrong here? Please help

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 50 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump. I have 3E Heim 150 watt heaters set at 79° and my tank is down to 72.4. That's the lowest it has gotten lights are off at the moment. I have not changed anything in the heaters. All show that they are on anyone. Know what the f*** is going on before everything crashes? What am I doing wrong here? Please help
How are you measuring the temperature?

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you felt the heaters to make sure they are working?

Is the water actually cold or is it like what I do once or twice a year where the probe ends up out of the water and is measuring air temperature?

Are the heaters new? IIRC, Eheim heaters have two dials (red and blue), one to set the temp, and one to calibrate. Is it possible you set the temp dial to 79, but didn't set the calibration dial?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Apex controlling the heaters or only measuring the temperature? Did yoy calibrate the temperature probe?

glover69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i dont trust the heater temperature dials. i find that they are rarely accurate. What I did was bought those InkBird Temp controllers that you plug the heaters into. then you can crank up the dial but the temp controller will cut off power once it reaches your aquarium temp.

Amazon:

Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller 2-Stage Outlet Thermostat Heating and Cooling Mode​

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are using apex to control the heaters but likely have the thermostats on the heaters also set. They are not 100% accurate so therefore the apex is calling for heat and I would guess that the internal themrostats on the heaters are not allowing them to turn on. Turn up the thermostats on the actual heaters.

OP
OP
Trueflo

Trueflo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Apex controlling the heaters or only measuring the temperature? Did yoy calibrate the temperature probe?
Temp probe was calibrated last a year ago. One heater is controlled by the Apex and I placed that heater inside of the tank last night. 2 heaters in the sump are running off of the dials. The thing is I can see the lights on on. All the heaters like they are functioning. However, my temp isn't regulating.

OP
OP
Trueflo

Trueflo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you felt the heaters to make sure they are working?

Is the water actually cold or is it like what I do once or twice a year where the probe ends up out of the water and is measuring air temperature?

Are the heaters new? IIRC, Eheim heaters have two dials (red and blue), one to set the temp, and one to calibrate. Is it possible you set the temp dial to 79, but didn't set the calibration dial?
Which one is the Calibration dial ? I never knew that they had those.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't purchased a new Jager in a couple years but historically, the calibration dial isn't useful as it cannot adjust as far as needed. I've always just ignored the reading on the heater itself and measured temp externally.

OP
OP
Trueflo

Trueflo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, everyone.
I figuredOut that the stupid f****** cats.
Unplugged My heaters. Now I have all 3 hooked to my Apex.
. at least now I know how to calibrate my heaters LOL

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back