Help!!!! What is happening!!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm... What pump is it?

Have you tried to take it apart and make sure everything is tightly put in? Is the other end under water? I can't tell from the picture. And I'm assuming ming no kinks in the line?

Sometimes if you lift it up and down under water. it can help get the water over the hump.

Side note... is it safe to have that metal in the tank?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that a metal clamp on the hose in the Water? I don't think that's a good idea.

Is the pump new or used?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you care about rusting and rusting is pretty much oxygenated iron.
I'm dealing with high levels of tin in my tank currently. I cannot figure out where it is coming from. So that just stood out to me. Not sure what it's made of, which is why I asked if it was okay to be in the tank.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One reefer lost her whole tank to a metal piece.
Same... I've lost some corals. But in my case, I cannot find anything that is rusted or corroded. I have no clue where the high tin is coming from. Going through the process of elimination now.

Frustrated Oh No GIF by Australian Open

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same... I've lost some corals. But in my case, I cannot find anything that is rusted or corroded. I have no clue where the high tin is coming from. Going through the process of elimination now.

I hope you find it, sadly I've seen reviews of bags of sand with metal chunks in them.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Saw this on your Insta and forgot to comment... Do you use kalk?

I would agree that taking apart the pump and ensuring the impeller is seated properly is likely the issue.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you find it, sadly I've seen reviews of bags of sand with metal chunks in them.
Thats going to have to be my next action if I can't find anything wrong with equipment. Going through the sand. Though I was worried my kiddo dropped someone in it. I have a friend who found a rusted magnet embedded in one of his rocks. Had high metals for ages and could not figure it out until he dropped some tongs near it and they stuck. Pulled out the rock and cracked it open and there was a magnet.

Alison Brie What GIF

Another thing with the pump is, did you feel around it to make sure it wasn't leaking water around the tube?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this on your Insta and forgot to comment... Do you use kalk?

I would agree that taking apart the pump and ensuring the impeller is seated properly is likely the issue.

I do. I have wondered if that might be part of the problem. I did use a different brand for a few weeks to see what it was like. I'm back to my BRS Kalkwasser that I was using before that had 0 tin on all my previous icp tests....

Didn't mean to hijack the thread sorry.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 113 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 130 48.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.0%
Back