Help?! what test kits to use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rob&Gab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
6,614
Reaction score
79
Location
whitestone, Queens NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the best test kits to check each thing??

like for

CAL

MAG

Nitrate

PHOS

DKH

PH

please help i wanna buy some new test kits and want some input.


THanks guys.!
 
Last edited:
Assuming you have a reef tank, if you do frequent water changes, the only things you need to test are Alk, Calc and Mag. I would highly recommend the Red Sea Pro kit that includes all three test kits.

No need for other testing unless you are cycling a tank. Then you'll need ammonia and nitrate. No need for nitrate since it is not an issue with saltwater stuff.
 
Last edited:
well i need to no my PHOS level cause of the SPS. so im sure its a need to test for that. and i need to obviously need to no my PH cause of my LPS and everything else.
 
i used red sea for MAG. i want to no whats the good test kits to use. i heard Hanna test kit is very good. and i dont no too much about salifert.
 
I use salifert for Mag, Cal. Very easy to use and read. I like my Hanna checker for Alk and phosphate. And of course a probe for PH.
 
I would only use the hanna for phosphates. I have heard many bad reviews of their alk and cal meters. For alk cal and mag I would suggest the Red Sea pro as stated earlier. For pH maybe look into a Milwaukee pH monitor or again the Red Sea.
 
Last edited:
I use Hannah checker for alk and phosphates...then I use salifert for mag and ca and over course probe for ph
 
Just placed my order and get them by the end of today :)
smile.gif


Amazon rock's
smile.gif


ALK/PHOS - Hanna test kits straight By Hanna Instruments.

MAG/CAL/PH- SaliFert test kits straight By Salifert.

also got

Hanna Instruments Checker HC Alkalinity Reagent

Hanna Instruments HI 713-25 Reagents Phosphate for HI 713 Checker HC (Pack of 25)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new