Help! What's wrong with my orchid?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a lfs that has the Metroplex and Cupremine but no Copper Power. Is Cupremine ok?
Cupramine is a bit tricky as the dosage range in narrower than a chelated copper like copper power. Nonetheless, it will will work. The directions tell you to do two big doses. That can be a bit harsh on some fish. Better if you can break the dosing down into smaller doses throughout the day: AM, lunch, afternoon, PM, etc. But if it's Velvet you need to get to therapeutic level of 0.5 ppm ASAP. What kind of tester for copper do you have?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you get Seachem's Cupramine, it's a good idea to at least get the Seachem Copper Test Kit, if they do not have a Hanna Copper Checker. Remember when dosing that fish tanks are not full size in terms of gallons. A 20 gallon tank will actually be slightly smaller, like 18-19 gallons. So this effects the dosing, which is especially important with Cupramine's narrow therapeutic range.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back