Help!! White line all around my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter knc882007
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

knc882007

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!
HELP I set up a salt water tank that is 36 gallons. I used CaribSea Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Sand that is fine. I now have white lines all the way around my tank from the top to the bottom. They are at the height of where the water was at as I filled the tank gallon by gallon. It has about 30 line in it. I can not get hem off for anything. I have tried scrubbing them I also was told to try a magic eraser which did not work. I have attached a picture of what I am dealing with.
fish tank.jpg
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
 
Clean, oil free razor blade should remove it. Be careful around the silicone.
 
Just dust that stuck to the side while filling. The layer of particulates that floats will adhere to the sides. Should just wipe off.
 
Just dust that stuck to the side while filling. The layer of particulates that floats will adhere to the sides. Should just wipe off.
I thought the same thing but it will not come off for anything. I have tried to wipe it off I tried to scrub it off. I just wants to hang out and not come off the wall.
 
Was the tank new? Hard to imagine that film encrusting immediately to the glass.
 
Was the tank new? Hard to imagine that film encrusting immediately to the glass.
The tank was originally a fresh water tank but it was drained and cleaned before I started the saltwater tank. It is only 4 days old for the new start up.
 
The tank was originally a fresh water tank but it was drained and cleaned before I started the saltwater tank. It is only 4 days old for the new start up.
It was a brand new tank I had when I got it. It is about 2 years old and was a freshwater tank but I never had this issue until I started the saltwater tank 4 days ago. :-(
 
The tank was originally a fresh water tank but it was drained and cleaned before I started the saltwater tank. It is only 4 days old for the new start up.
Almost every single tank i've used that wasn't new had a similar issue. Soak in vinegar, liberal elbow grease with razor blades. Not fun.
 
Yeah, might be etched. Seen it spot on used fw tanks. Try a razor as suggested above if that doesn't work it may need to be buffed. See what everyone else thinks as well, first, though.
 
So update on my tank... After scraping my whole tank... I can see in my tank. Thanks for all the input I am so excited I can see my empty tank now just for some fish at some point.
 
Welcome to R2R and I'm glad it worked out.
 
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new