Help!!! White spot above lip on my wrasse

CJ Monty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the wrasse for a few months. He was the last fish I added to the tank. I did add an emerald crab and urchin a couple weeks ago. Notice it a week or so ago (can't remember before or after the new additions). At first I thought it was the lighting but seems to be more noticeable. The head on photo makes it appear worse than it is. He is eating and behaving fine.

I am assuming I should QT him. What do you guys think it is? What should I medicate with? What should I do about my main tank?

Thanks for the help!

IMG_20180530_132227748.jpg

IMG_20180530_132250704.jpg

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the only spot? Can you describe it a bit, cottony or just looks like a growth? Anything on other fish?

It could be an injury. My 6line would sometimes come up with a weird spot around the mouth. I know he’s very much into eating bristle worms so I assume maybe from that. it goes away after a few days.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has the exact same thing. Doesn't seem to bother him. He's still fat, swimming, and picking at rocks. No idea what it is though!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back