Help! White spot under clownfish eye

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emvasion
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Emvasion

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
NYC
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this lil guy for about 2 years now. It’s just him and his lady. They’ve both been thriving but today I noticed a white spot under his eye that wasn’t there yesterday. What could it be?? He’s acting perfectly normal.

20251114_185547_453B7B5C-A5A2-4AAD-ABFA-49189B814DDC.png
 
I’ve had this lil guy for about 2 years now. It’s just him and his lady. They’ve both been thriving but today I noticed a white spot under his eye that wasn’t there yesterday. What could it be?? He’s acting perfectly normal.

20251114_185547_453B7B5C-A5A2-4AAD-ABFA-49189B814DDC.png
Preliminarily, looks to be a skin tag from a small injury but I want to rule out the possibility of an isopod. Can you take a closer pic to confirm its a skin tag?
 
I’ve had this lil guy for about 2 years now. It’s just him and his lady. They’ve both been thriving but today I noticed a white spot under his eye that wasn’t there yesterday. What could it be?? He’s acting perfectly normal.

20251114_185547_453B7B5C-A5A2-4AAD-ABFA-49189B814DDC.png

It’s very unlikely to be any sort of parasite after this length of time (unless you’ve recently added some animals or livestock to the tank).

Looks just like a minor injury. Has the pair been getting along well recently? Sometimes the pair bond breaks down a little and this happens when they bite each others face trying to sort things out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new