Help Why my zoa look like this

MrZ3no

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2022
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Location
new york city
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 zoas and 3 of them are doing fine except one colony, each day that passes some of the polyp closes up, It was fine in the beginning. I’ve had them for about 1 month now. What can I do? can someone help identify the issue .
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5698.mov
    96.2 MB
  • IMG_5698.mov
    38.3 MB
Bumping your post!
 
it's a bit hard to tell by this shaking video, but the left part of the colony has some brownish cover on the polyps.

I think it's a bacterial infection (not sure tho). I also get it from time to time. sometimes it passes on its own (some other times it spreads and suffocates the colony and they die) so I would rather dip the frag in h2o2 dip
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new