Help with 425 XL G2 plumbing conversion

craftsman1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Was able to swap out my 425 XL G1 that hadn’t shipped for the G2. Will get tank next week. In the promo video from Red Sea, it’s mentioned that the plumbing can be either metric or standard American. Does anyone know if Red Sea just ships both types of plumbing or is there a conversion kit one can purchase? I’ve been unable to find anything. TIA

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Was able to swap out my 425 XL G1 that hadn’t shipped for the G2. Will get tank next week. In the promo video from Red Sea, it’s mentioned that the plumbing can be either metric or standard American. Does anyone know if Red Sea just ships both types of plumbing or is there a conversion kit one can purchase? I’ve been unable to find anything. TIA
All I've been able to find out is this (they call them 'Bulkhead Connector Kits'):

"Bulkhead connectors suitable for both Metric and USA standard pipes can be purchased separately, allowing you to customize your sump piping."

I went to Red Sea's website but they don't appear to have anything setup in terms of the spare parts lists for the new G2 tanks (at least yet). I would put a ticket into Red Sea as they may have these parts available for purchase directly from them (I suspect it will be a lot longer before any Red Sea dealers start carrying them).

QU4NTX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I've been able to find out is this (they call them 'Bulkhead Connector Kits'):

"Bulkhead connectors suitable for both Metric and USA standard pipes can be purchased separately, allowing you to customize your sump piping."

I went to Red Sea's website but they don't appear to have anything setup in terms of the spare parts lists for the new G2 tanks (at least yet). I would put a ticket into Red Sea as they may have these parts available for purchase directly from them (I suspect it will be a lot longer before any Red Sea dealers start carrying them).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back