Help with a fish in QT

Robb1414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have two clowns, a yellow wrasse, a fairy wrasse, a copper band butterfly and a one spot fox face in QT. Tomorrow ends four weeks at therapeutic CP level of 2.02-2.08 range (using a Hanna checker). I checked my copper level every other day and it was always within 2.02-2.08. As you can see, I have plenty of circulation and oxygen was never a problem. None of the fish have shown any signs of illness except the Copper band. He is my most aggressive eater and has had no issues as far as breathing/swimming/eating/pooping. However as the pics indicate he has dots on his tail and fins. No place on his body. I did FW dip and no flukes. I am at a loss and won't put any of these QT fish in my DT until I figure out what is going one. I planned on adding the copper band to DT first for a week so he would get comfortable. I promise any other dot or mark you see on a pic is just from the glass or water marks. It is only on the tail and fins.
IMG_8411.jpeg
IMG_8430.jpeg
IMG_8418.jpeg

IMG_8428.jpeg

Any suggestions?

HELP!!!! Thanks.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you look at him can you tell if they are raised like a wart? Could it be Lymphocystis?

OP
OP
Robb1414

Robb1414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not raised...it's like they are woven into the fin...if that makes sense.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably lympho or some sort of virus. Very common in CBB’s in QT.

Have the spots been present for the duration of your treatment process?

OP
OP
Robb1414

Robb1414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably lympho or some sort of virus. Very common in CBB’s in QT.

Have the spots been present for the duration of your treatment process?
They have been there for at least the last two weeks. So what should I do? I don't want to mess up my DT!

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 of my pyramid butterfly fish had what looked like that on his pectoral fins i did a little research and found out it looked to to be lympho its gone now took a few weeks

JenniferMcK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been there for at least the last two weeks. So what should I do? I don't want to mess up my DT!
Basically all ya gotta do is feed the fish vitamin soaked food and make sure your parameters in your dt are pristine and stable and it should resolve over a few weeks. It may pop back up every now and then when the fish is stressed, ie new fish addition, but it wont to my knowledge kill it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back