Help With Acropora ID

Irongolem411

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2018
Messages
115
Reaction score
95
Location
Chagrin Falls
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have these 2 Acropora that I got at the same store. One was sold as a slimer (well that was obviously wrong) Perhaps a BUrning Tree? The other was listed as unknown, but it grew super fast. By far the biggest Acro I have in the tank.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

8E9FDEF0-9F08-496B-81AA-F9A143BAA280.jpeg F6077E72-D820-4F8F-B05D-E52855CB3CE0.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That "Not Green Slimer" still could be a Green Slimer. A quick search shows a number of people that have had theirs go from green to purple. Lighting, alk, etc. all play a role in our coral's coloration.
 
Hello I have these 2 Acropora that I got at the same store. One was sold as a slimer (well that was obviously wrong) Perhaps a BUrning Tree? The other was listed as unknown, but it grew super fast. By far the biggest Acro I have in the tank.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

8E9FDEF0-9F08-496B-81AA-F9A143BAA280.jpeg F6077E72-D820-4F8F-B05D-E52855CB3CE0.jpeg
Definitely not a slimer haha. The purple one with green polyps looks like acropora nana
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new