Help With Algae Blenny

TSM Aquatics

Le Dirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got an algae blenny about a week days ago to help with the hair algae outbreak in my tank. Problem is, I can’t seem to find where he is. The first few days I had him he had a nice little spot where he would hid in my aquascape. But every time I tried to target feed him he wouldnt go for it. Now, he’s now in his little den and I haven’t seen him for a day. I’m getting a little worried that he died of starvation. Does anyone have any ideas to what’s going on? My tank is over a year old if that helps. Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

T-J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If he ran out of food, and won't eat prepared food, it's possible it didn't make it. Having said that, I have a jawfish that will disappear for a day at a time in its burrow. Then, a day later, it magically appears and is happily eating and digging out the sand again.

OP
L

Le Dirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If he ran out of food, and won't eat prepared food, it's possible it didn't make it. Having said that, I have a jawfish that will disappear for a day at a time in its burrow. Then, a day later, it magically appears and is happily eating and digging out the sand again.
Just when I saw this, he popped out of a hole in one of the rocks and started grazing on the algae!

Paheej

View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah as a general rule of thumb I only start to worry once I fail to see a tank inhabitant in over a week (55 gal).

OP
L

Le Dirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah as a general rule of thumb I only start to worry once I fail to see a tank inhabitant in over a week (55 gal).
I would too, expect he’s small and I didn’t know if he got bullied by my pj cardinals. They have a track record for that :(

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache
TSM Aquatics

Have you ever had aquarium equipment damaged by livestock?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 35 17.0%
  • NO

Votes: 154 74.8%
  • Maybe now that you mention it

Votes: 14 6.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.5%
Reef Brite the professionals choice