Help With Algae Blenny

Le Dirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I got an algae blenny about a week days ago to help with the hair algae outbreak in my tank. Problem is, I can’t seem to find where he is. The first few days I had him he had a nice little spot where he would hid in my aquascape. But every time I tried to target feed him he wouldnt go for it. Now, he’s now in his little den and I haven’t seen him for a day. I’m getting a little worried that he died of starvation. Does anyone have any ideas to what’s going on? My tank is over a year old if that helps. Thanks!

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he ran out of food, and won't eat prepared food, it's possible it didn't make it. Having said that, I have a jawfish that will disappear for a day at a time in its burrow. Then, a day later, it magically appears and is happily eating and digging out the sand again.

OP
OP
L

Le Dirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he ran out of food, and won't eat prepared food, it's possible it didn't make it. Having said that, I have a jawfish that will disappear for a day at a time in its burrow. Then, a day later, it magically appears and is happily eating and digging out the sand again.
Just when I saw this, he popped out of a hole in one of the rocks and started grazing on the algae!

Paheej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah as a general rule of thumb I only start to worry once I fail to see a tank inhabitant in over a week (55 gal).

OP
OP
L

Le Dirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah as a general rule of thumb I only start to worry once I fail to see a tank inhabitant in over a week (55 gal).
I would too, expect he’s small and I didn’t know if he got bullied by my pj cardinals. They have a track record for that :(

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back