Help with anthias identification

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought what i thought was 7 dispar anthias some time ago. Was not the case haha

so I thought I would film one of the non dispar males eating as he is a beast when he eats like a bass..

I forgot to put my lid on and yup he bailed out and the wife called me saying the frenchi was eating the fish…

Now I’m trying to figure out what it was as I want more.. pretty sure I have one just like it now but female as he would flash it as the lights go down..

It’s the larger one in the vid going ham

Attachments

• IMG_0126.mov
    90.8 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get white light photos?
Blues don’t show fish colours well which makes it even harder to ID them as many anthias can’t be IDed through body shape alone.
I will try with the last one that’s in the tank. I was thinking the same thing sorry about that let me try to grab one once I get home.. just left the fish store they think it’s a Randall's Anthias..

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get white light photos?
Blues don’t show fish colours well which makes it even harder to ID them as many anthias can’t be IDed through body shape alone.
As soon as I turn up the whites this fish goes into hiding mode haha see if this is any better.

Attachments

• IMG_0249.png
    IMG_0249.png
    947.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0248.png
    IMG_0248.png
    929.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0247.mov
    36.8 MB
  • IMG_0246.mov
    63.8 MB
OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is what keeps confusing me. The tail fin of this one is completely different then the other so I think I have 3 dispair 2 Bartletts and this one.. the tail fins kn the others are more v shaped open this one tail fin is not v shaped or open longer is you can follow me haha

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with what was thought to be juvenile dispars & lyretails. As they grew I realized (via ident here on the forum) it was just a harem of lyretails (1x male to 4 females).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back