Help with apex coding for doser

NY_Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just picked up a new apex and I am very excited to automate my tank. I am new to all the programming and figuring it out as I go

i was hoping someone could help me write the code for my doser.

I plan on dosing kalk with my fauna Marin doser. For now I will only use the one doser although it is A 3 head unit.

id like to replace as much as my evaporated water as possible with limewater

I’m Too chicken to use kalk in my ato reservoir so I will be mixing up gallon at a time and dosing it

i would Like to automate the dosing and am looking for help with the coding.

id like to dose my 70 gallon tank with 20 gallon sump over the course of the day... ( not sure on ML amount yet) with a protection in there if my PH goes over say 8.6 my doser will be shut off via my apex

anyone doing this that can share their program??

ive read some threads but I can not figure this out.
appreciate the help. Thx

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy... use the dosing calculator :D

Plug in dosing volume, rate, and time parameters, it generates the OSC operation for you, with or without the pH safety.

Works great, makes it easy. Why Apex doesn't have a 'task wizard' to do this is beyond me.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I just watched Terence from Neptune Systems on YouTube (The Reefing Collective) yesterday for 2 hours, and he claimed that Apex coding is not needed (it's all negative propaganda created by their competitors to help boost their sales). Wonder if he owns asbestos pants?

OP
OP
N

NY_Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
235A7875-D8EB-49DC-95B0-4AC8FD56FB11.jpeg
Is this good? Should I enable log?

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you keyed the right info into the calculator, it should be fine.

This is going to run for 2 seconds every hour except between 11PM and 1AM, turning off if the pH exceeds 8.5

How much that's going to deliver depends on your doser's rate of delivery.

Note: I've never had much luck dosing for very short durations. If you really want to dose a very small amount of liquid through what appears to be a fairly fast dosing pump, I'd shorten the hours, so that you increase the time for each run. Most dosers need to run for some time to dose accurately... at 2 seconds, it's not got time to get to a consistent running rate.

This is going to be pretty close to the dose you've got, except it doses all of the amount between 1am and 9am, and runs 15 seconds each dose.

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/000:15/059:45 Then ON
If Time 09:00 to 00:59 Then OFF
If pH > 8.50 Then OFF

Note, I'm guessing here, I don't know you rate of flow or desired dosing amount... use the calculator on your own values, instead of just copying my example!

OP
OP
N

NY_Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a little confused how this will work.

do I use the actual controller to set times and ML amiunts to be dosed?
then assume the program above will let the controller do its thing and shut off power if ph exceeds 8.5 ?

i am not sure if this code above is good to go and I just plug in the doser. Sorry. I‘m a little challenged on the technology side of reefing Hahaha

not understanding how the apex and 3rd party doser will work together?

also. Should I enable log.
i should just set the ml amount on the actual doser ?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so if the doser already has the information(stand alone unit) then all you need is a simple set and if PH commands

Set on
If PH > 8.5 then off

Is all thats needed. The OSC commands, and calculator that @Greybeard linked you too are to run a dosing pump like BRS pumps. Where when they have power, they run.

Enabling log in this setup is useless unless you want to see if your PH ever got over 8.5 and it shut the doser off. Otherwise it will always be on.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back