help with bangaii ??

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 3 bangaii's and the smallest one is very skinny and missing most of his fin .he is swimming slow and with its head up I put him in the sump . I have a pick if I would help .also I returned a watchman goby today because it was very territorial and nipped at anything that got in " his 1/4 of the tank I think that's what happened but I'm not sure the other 2 are just fine and all the other fish are fine also .oh and I've had them about 2 1/2 months water was great on Sunday ill test then post in a few and ill post a pic also thanks in advance

OP
OP
S

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update

Ok so I tested the water and found out some bad news but I don't think its the cause here is my water temp.78/ ph 8.3 / sg 1.025 / kh 10/Ca 450 / no2 0 / no3 5.0 / mg 1000ppm(really low the norm is 1500) and the real kicker is amonia is just under .25 I'm not sure why I added a 6line and a yellow striped blenny on Sunday I think but my little amonia warning strip didn't go off until sometime today cause I looked at it at 545 this morning . So I added 50lbs of rock to the sump and ill run some carbon (i don't run carbon )any advice would be helpful thanks

OP
OP
S

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and here is the pic
bangaii.jpg
sorry if I have typos but its late and I'm using my phone

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bangaii Cardinals are naturally a pairing species. They will pair up and become aggressive to other Bangaii cardinals. I would not be surprised if the other two have paired up and have starting harassing this fish.

The only thing you can do is remove it (which you've done), rehabilitate it and trade it or sell it. The pair likely won't tolerate it, if it were reintroduced into the aquarium.

OP
OP
S

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok looks like the amonia was from over spray from the wife cleaning the Windows by the tank its gone now ...whewwwww...

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about hte Bangaii. Once a fish can no longer keep itself upright and swims with a list, it's very hard for them to bounce back. :squigglemouth:

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lyretail anthias did that as well. The one female picked on the other so much she died. Watchman gobies are very territorial to there area but really do not harm. More of just a show. And bangaiis are normally a mid to upper level fish. So if the gobie was harassing the bangaii it was already way stressed. Why do they call them schooling fish?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back