Help With Broken Mangrove

FreshSaltAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to get some help regarding a broken mangrove. I have 2 in my refugium area and while I was taking it out my skimmer for cleaning I accidently snapped the top portion off. This happened a couple months ago. I was hoping it would sprout a new stem over time but that does not seem to be the case. Has anyone had this happen before? If so what do I need to do to give this the best chance of survival? It does not seem to be in too bad of shape but as the picture shows it has not shot up a new stem. Should I cut it to help with growth?

1698852060820.png

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pic of the broken part? How long have you had the mangrove? I’m curious to see the broken piece, I mean, the tree is very flexible, it should bend. How did you break it ? Is the mangrove green or brown? It might be dead…..

OP
OP
F

FreshSaltAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pic of the broken part? How long have you had the mangrove? I’m curious to see the broken piece, I mean, the tree is very flexible, it should bend. How did you break it ? Is the mangrove green or brown? It might be dead…..
I had it for about 5 months. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of when I broke it. I snapped it when taking out my protein skimmer for cleaning. After looking into it more I cut the top brown portion off. The top was dead and hollow. Hopefully cutting it back to the green portion will give it another chance. Bottom seems healthy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back