HELP with BTA!

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
161
Reaction score
167
Location
Sherman Oaks
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my first addition to my Waterbox 20 was a BTA. Tanks been running since November as a FOWLR, a clown and a fire shrimp.
When I first added, the nem seemed fine - but since he’s hitting in the back of the tank and hardly comes out. He’s got white looking lines leading to its mouth and I’m afraid he’s dying.

I feed reef roids and mysis shrimp 3x per week. Water parameters were way off when I tested yesterday, which I’m thinking is the culprit, but my other corals are fine. Before and after pictures added.


Temp: 78
pH: 8.25
dKH: 5.8
CA: 528
Nitrate: 0.2 ppm
Phosphate: 0.60 ppm
Sea Water Specific Gravity: 1.025

6DD75C14-0AC7-4415-8ABA-506F0CC31B43.jpeg CB204055-3094-472F-B774-82B63A193867.jpeg
 
Nems usually need a mature system , but it looks ok , check for mouth open and deflated to see if things are headed south. Keep parameters stable and feed once a week a very small portion.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new