Help with buying the correct dosing pump

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help figuring out the best dosing pump for my current situation. I have total of 180 gallon setup. It has been running for almost 7 months and was a transfer from my RSR170. I currently dose TM all-for-reef at 10ml per day. I don't have a bunch of coral, few softies and lps. I am mostly just feeding the Coraline algae. Anyway, I want to start automated dosing and have been looking at ghl 2.1 doser and ecotech versa. I would also like to dose my macro algae fertilizer. Which doser pumps would you recommend? Are their better options out there? I would like to eventually purchase a proflux 4, but I suspect that is several years down the road.
Thanks in advance!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS 1.1ml/minute dosing pumps are a less expensive alternative, and mine has always worked fine.

OP
OP
B

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS 1.1ml/minute dosing pumps are a less expensive alternative, and mine has always worked fine.
Do use in conjunction with a controller or just a timer. I would prefer a pump with an app to control (I think).

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ghl 2.1 doser and ecotech versa. I would also like to dose my macro algae fertilizer. Which doser pumps would you recommend? Are their better options out there? I would like to eventually purchase a proflux 4,
I think you answered your own question.I have the ghl and like it. 4 pumps will let you dose and feed. good luck

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your looking at the Proflux down the road, then get the GHL doser. It can run stand alone, and haven't heard any major complaint on the hardware it self.

Also look into ESV B-Ionic for 2 part dosing as its a tried and true product that's been around for many years, and the cost is just right.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the GHL stand alone 2.1. I won it in the bulk reef supply corona giveaway. It has been running for several months with no issues. Just be sure to calibrate the pumps properly. I read people had issues with connectivity with the app but I haven’t ran into that. Set up was easy for me and they have a video on youtube to follow.

I am also running a thicker liquid food- easySPS food. Haven’t had any issues with that either.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bryan68 - thanks for the tag.

The stand alone doser 2,1 will be perfect for you. If you buy a master, you can easily change it to a slave when you buy a P4. When you do this you will need to recalibrate the unit and reprogram the dosing schedule.

OP
OP
B

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bryan68 - thanks for the tag.

The stand alone doser 2,1 will be perfect for you. If you buy a master, you can easily change it to a slave when you buy a P4. When you do this you will need to recalibrate the unit and reprogram the dosing schedule.
Great, thanks for the information!!!

Back