Help... With Chemiclean

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad red slime out break, roof leaked and didn't catch it right away. Flat hot tar roof added? In about a week and a half came up with a bad, bad, red slime cyano terrible out brake. Vacuum out 90% of it. Then dosed ChemiClean for cyano for three days, talked to ChemiClean and they said "No water change" and to just dose again at 75%. I did, now on the second day of the 2nd dose still some cyano left. A few patches a thick royal marron cyano. Can I test NO3 and PO4 and get a accurate test reading? I know NO3 is high other wise I would not have it... right? But now to save fish and corals, does ChemiClean knock down the good bacteria in the tank? And when dosing Chemiclean should I be dosing Microbactor7? Sorry so many questions.. for this I do apologize, but I need some help.. Some experience is need here. Thank you

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn’t supposed to kill beneficial bacteria, I’m sure using it too much can cause issues though.
Definitely test nitrate and phosphate. Chemiclean does a good job at killing cyano, but some will always be left and unless you can tackle the root issue it will keep coming back.

OP
OP
Delatedlotus

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn’t supposed to kill beneficial bacteria, I’m sure using it too much can cause issues though.
Definitely test nitrate and phosphate. Chemiclean does a good job at killing cyano, but some will always be left and unless you can tackle the root issue it will keep coming back.
Thank you.. Do you think I can get an accurate tests on NO3 and PO4..? Is my first question. Again so if I have some left that might happen? Of coarse till I tackle the underlining problem.. When water changes, and Purit. I have some 2 bags of 1 gallon bags ready...

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kits do you have? No reason you shouldn’t be able to get an accurate reading.
Also check your source water to make sure no nitrate or phosphate are coming in through there.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can get cyanobacteria from nutrients being too low, as low nutrients hinder biodiversity development and allow opportunists like cyano to grow. The best approach to cyano is fixing the root problem, not trying to poison it away.

OP
OP
Delatedlotus

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kits do you have? No reason you shouldn’t be able to get an accurate reading.
Also check your source water to make sure no nitrate or phosphate are coming in through there.
Red Sea Algae Management kit.. I will test right away..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back